- PPTC batch publishing is not running for a large population, it gets stuck in started or it is failing
- The batch is running properly for a small population (e.g. 50 users)
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Reports/Analytics
- Click on Publishing
- Under Filter Options select "None of the above" and all the checkboxes in Views or select "Team View" starting from an user with a large target population (e.g. CEO)
- Click on Update and Publish Talend Card
- Go to Scheduled Reports
- The job will fail or get stuck in Started status
"Enable Multiple Files in Batch publish" switch is not enabled in Provisioning.
Ask your partner or raise a support ticket to activate "Enable Multiple Files in Batch publish" in your system. We recommend to do this first in your test instance to confirm that it will work as expected, and then move the change to production.
Please note that the merge operation (available after the job is completed in Scheduled Reports page) can timeout or create memory issues in the server if used for a very large target population. It depends on the overall data and total file size and not specific to individual file size. It's recommended to download the individual files and use third party solutions to merge the files.
PPTC batch publishing not running large population stuck started failing fail talent card
, KBA , LOD-SF-ANA , Analytics & Reporting (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , Problem