When using a datasource that contains special characters as part of the data you get the error "Inserted value too large for column"
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Import datasource into a model
- One of the fields will be defined as varchar(X)
- That field will contain a value which is X characters long, but also contains a special character such as Ç
- If the filters in the chart cause that value to be used, the error will be thrown.
This issue appears to occur because the special character requires two bytes to be saved and when the data is copied into a temp table, it cannot fit the value into the temp table copy of the field.
To resolve this issue, increase the size of the field to allow for the storage of the special character.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predicitive , Problem