- After picklist migration, some picklist values appear to be duplicated with numerical suffixes (~%1, ~%2, etc) appended at the end of their external code.
- This is not to be confused with picklists that had their IDs appended with "~%1", "~MDF" or "~LEGACY" suffixes after migration. For that scenario, please refer to KBA 2909791.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Whenever a legacy picklist has more than one value with the same external code, migration appends suffixes such as ~%1 at the end of the respective external codes because this field cannot be duplicate on MDF Picklists.
For reference purposes, the original legacy external code is retained at field Non-unique external code.
For each duplicated value, you will have one with correct name, for example, within the "yesno" picklist you will see the values: "yes" and another as "yes~%1".
Step #1: First, we will work with "yes" value (without the ~%1) that should not have any value linked.
- You need to rename the external code and label of the picklist value "yes" (without the ~%1) with a different name, for example "yes_old"
- To perform this step, you can either edit it on Picklist Center or you can also perform an Export Picklist, edit the file and perform an Import Picklist.
For both steps you can follow the Picklist Guide.
NOTE: Remember to update both External Code and Label fields, otherwise, you might face issues with EC integrations.
Step #2: Updating the correct picklist value, we can now work with the value "yes~%1"
- Go to Admin Center > Picklist Center
- Search for a picklist value with ~%1, for example "yes~%1"
- Click Take Action > Make Correction
- Delete the character "~%1" from the External Code and label fields for the picklist values
- Click Save
- Once that is completed, you can then inactivate the values editted on step #1 ("yes_old").
With this process you will not longer have duplicated picklists values in your environment and the picklists that are related to MDF Objects or with other integrations will continue to work fine.
Picklist Center, mdf picklist, duplicate picklist value, ~%1, post migration, duplicated , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , Picklists , Problem