Business user is created automatically after migrating employee data using the migration tool. However the validity of user is different from the provided date of Work Agreement of the employee to which the user belongs.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Search for Migration of Employee Data - Country
- Select Migrate personnel administration data using the migration tool
Then go to check the created business user.
- Go to Application and User Management workcenter
- Select Business Users view
- Search the users created from employees
- Select Edit Attributes
Then you can find the validity date is as of the Date of migration.
The dates are picked up form the provided dates of Work Agreement in the Migration Template. For users where the Validity period is starting from a date in past and going in future the User's validity is started as of the Date of migration which is generally the current date or Today's Date. This will ensure users can login as of today itself.
It is an expected system behavior.
Migration of Employee data; Business Users , KBA , SRD-HR-PAD , Personnel Administration , Problem