Inactive Employees are displayed on the People Pool Criteria of the Permission Group
- Inactive Employees are not removed from the Permission Group
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Manage Permission Group.
- Select the affected group.
- Observe some inactive employees show up on the People Pool Filter.
- Search for an inactive employee and a search result returns.
It is an expected behavior for inactive users to be displayed on the Permission Group if it uses the user or username People Pool filter. This is considered a static permission group and data is maintained manually by an admin.
- Static Permission group always includes inactive users, as the target population may include inactive users depending on the organization's setup. This is the same for the search logic in Static Role-Based Permissions. If the end user was inactive before the group was created, it cannot be searched.
- For static permission groups, what is seen is not the group membership but the group definition. Changes on the user data will not touch the group definition but the group membership. The group membership is the active group count which is seen on the upper hand right side of the permission group. It is always updated to include the active users only.
When granting permissions to users, only active users inherit the permissions. Hence, though an inactive user is listed, that user is never granted the role.
- Recommendation is to use dynamic groups and dynamic people pool filters on the permission group setup as these filters dynamically change based on the requirement and does not need manual maintenance on the admin's side. It automatically changes when the group filters and conditions are met. Inactive users will not be displayed as the group's criteria are updated automatically by the system.
PLA-2271, PLT-14167, PLT-53237
static, rbp, role-based permissions, inactive, display, inactive user, not removed, permission group, show, people pool filter, user, username , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , Problem