When editing an time sheet, you are missing an assigned project work package in the list of Current Work Packages in Add Time Entry screen.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in with your user.
- Go to Home work center.
- Go to Self-Services Overview view.
- Click Edit Time Sheet.
- Select the current week, click Add Time Entry.
- In the list of Current Work Packages, you cannot find a work package of project task ABC (ABC refers to the project task ID), although it's already assigned to you.
The work package for project task ABC exists, but it is in an inactive or hidden status. You can check it via click Manage My Worklist, view Inactive Work Packages.
There could be mutiple reasons that can lead to an inactive or hidden status.
- The user himself/herself deleted the work package from his/her active worklist by clicking on Manage My Worklist button in Edit Time Sheet screen.
- After the project task has been completed, the system automatically hides the work package for the ease of access.
You can manually make the work package active/visible in your worklist with following steps.
In Edit Time Sheet screen, click Manage My Worklist.
Change the view from Active Work Packages to Inactive Work Packages, find the respective work package.
Expand the window, click on the red traffic light under Visibility column.
The work package disappears from the list of Inactive Work Packages. If you change the view to Active Work Packages, it is showing there.
Save the changes and go back to the time sheet again.
Now you can find the work package in the list of Current Work Packages in Add Time Entry screen.
Note the following exception:
Projects assigned via the time sheet will not be retrieved if hidden, as it is assumed that they are no longer needed or will not be worked on. A clean-up of the work lists is executed, to maintain current work packages, to prevent excessive growth affecting performance, and also for usability issues. If the projects are required again by the employee, then they must be entered again manually. They will be carried forward to the following weeks up to end date of the project, or until they are hidden again by the employee.
Project Work Package, Add Time Entry, Manage My Worklist, does, show up , KBA , AP-TIM-TIM , Employee Time , AP-PRO , Project Processing , How To