When clicking on the Apply Changes button on the User Settings page, the page provides a validation error that states "HTML Text entered is not Supported". There have been no changes to the HTML in the User Login Panel.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to System Admin
- Go to Configuration
- Choose User Settings
- Click on Apply Changes button
- Error is thrown as long as the User Login Panel text has not been modified or customized with obsolete HTML features.
With the recent browser updates they have stopped supporting obsolete HTML features. Previous functionality like "Font" & "Bgcolor" no longer supported. Empty HTML Tags are no longer supported
If you have customized your Login Panel using these options then you would need to update the HTML code to fix the issue.
To check if your HTML is correct you can use any third party HTML Validator tool available to test such as "https://www.freeformatter.com/html-validator.html".
Any new LMS tenants created after b1905 will not face this error if you have not customized your Login Panel.
If you have the default configuration proceed here:
- Proceed to System Admin
- Go to Configuration
- Click on User Settings
- Go to the User Login Panel
- In the text of the panel, modify the <p></p> tags to have a space in between them.
Example of default configuration being updated:
<p><span class="InstructionalText">To sign in, enter your user ID and password in the space provided to the right and click the Sign In button. If you have forgotten your user ID or password, links below the sign in box will assist you in recovering your credentials. If you do not have an ID and would like to register, please click the "New User?" link below the sign in box.</span></p><p> </p><p> </p>
If you have customized your Login Panel:
- Work with your HTML Developer to update your existing HTML code and replace the obsolete options with other supported options provided by HTML.
- Ensure that the HTML is valid with open and closed tags and any tags must have content. Any empty paragraph tags must have a space between the tags.
html text entered is not supported user settings apply changes save error not change LRN-54920 sap sf successfactors lms , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , Problem