- Class Connector Not Updating Fields or Values;
- Class Connector creating a new Class instead of updating an existing one;
- Class Connector failing as "Cannot specify a NULL Key value for reference entity COL_NUM99_VAL".
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Run Class Connector to create Class, with no value in the Legacy ID;
- Run Class Connector to populate the Legacy ID in a manually created SO;
Custom Column 99 is not using a unique Value or is not present on the connector input file.
- The first time the connector creates the offering the system creates the SO_ID based on the item id, rev_date and item type.
- To update the same offering via connector this is when it uses its unique Legacy_ID (custom 99) to identify which offering to update.
- System Admin
- Record configuration
- Select a record to configure 'Class
- See Column 99 and add as seen in below image.
- You should now see this custom column under Classes
- Custom Column 99 is used as an unique identifier for the class and it is mandatory when running the connector by any means (update and/or create)
- If you are updating a Class, you should ensure you have custom column 99 to match input file value, otherwise it will create a new scheduled offering.
- You will update input file for COL_NUM99_VAL with recommended alpha-numeric characters instead of numbers.
- This is to avoid it being similar to Class IDs e.g. "XCW-123"
- If you have created the Class via the UI, it is not possible to use the Class Connector to populate the legacy ID/ COL_NUM99_VAL.
- The Legacy ID cannot match any Class IDs or it will not work.
Schedule Offering Connector, Class Offering Connector, Class Update, Connectors, Connector, Custom Columns, COL_NUM99_VAL, Custom Column 99 , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Problem