Dashboard Client tool that is installed on the Citrix server launches with the error: "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications" and then crashes. This error only occurs for some users while other users are able to run it without errors. Resetting the user's Citrix profile did not fix this issue. Other users do not encounter the same issue and other client tools such as Universe Design Tool launch without errors. Microsoft Excel can be launched seperately from Dashboards with no errors.
Citrix server - Windows 2008 R2 Standard
SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards 4.2 SP6
Microsoft Excel 2010
Reproducing the Issue
- Log into the Citrix Server through a web browser
- Launch Dashboards client tool
- Dashboards does not start up.
- Retry and launch the application again.
- "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications" error appears.
The issue was resolved after the customer modified the Internet explorer proxy settings for the users encountering the error.
Citrix Server, Excel, Xcelsius, Dashboards , KBA , BI-RA-XL , Obsolete: BusinessObjects Dashboards and Presentation Design , Problem