ASE hangs and no users can log in.
- Errorlog show numerous infected with signal 7 (SIGBUS) and timeslice errors:
- Current process (0xfc5190a) infected with signal 7 (SIGBUS)
Current Process is running on Engine 11
Address 0x0x000000000215a313 (blkioStartIO+0x4b3), siginfo (code, address) = (4, 0x0x00002aae7a000000)
- Current process (0x3263227e) infected with signal 7 (SIGBUS)
Current Process is running on Engine 8
Address 0x0x000000000215254c (kboalloc_from_engine+0x3c), siginfo (code, address) = (4, 0x0x00002aae7a0c0738)
- timeslice -1501, current process infected at 0x2172c97 (pausenonatomic+0x9)
timeslice error: spid 8413 exhausted its 'time slice' of 100 milliseconds and additional 'cpu grace time' of 1500 ticks (150000 milliseconds). It has been marked for termination.
- Error 12583 may also reported in the errorlog after infected with signal 7 stacktrace
WARNING - Fatal Error 12583 occurred at Apr 2 2019 12:22AM. Please note the error and time, and contact a user with System Administrator (SA) authorization.
Error: 12583, Severity: 21, State: 1
Unable to log a record in database 'db' (id 9) due to internal error -8. This process will retry at intervals of one minute.
Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise 16.0
KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.