- How to set the default export options for a report?
- How to retain the options selected for the exporting format?
- How to save the report default options for a specific exporting format in Crystal Reports?
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File - Export", select a specific exporting format.
- Depending of the exporting format, it displays specific export options.
For example: If a report is exported to the format: "Microsoft Excel (97 - 2003 ) Data-Only", it will display the following exporting options:
How to save these options for the report, so that the next time the report is exported to the same format, those options are retained?
- To save the export options for a report in Crystal Reports, follow the steps below:
- Open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Under the menu "File", select "Export - Report Export Options..."
- In the "Set Default Export options" window, select the desired exporting options, and click "OK"
For example: select "Export - Microsoft Excel (97 - 2003)", and click "OK"
- In the "Export Options" window, select the desired format options for the report, and click "OK"
- Save the report.
Now, when exporting this specific report from Crystal Reports or SAP BI LaunchPad, to the format you selected, it will use the exporting format options you selected as the default.
CR, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020