While saving a custom CDS view in the Custom CDS Views app you may see the following error:
- Draft of Custom CDS View YY1_<View Name> could not be saved
- Use alias name "_CKE_toBase" instead of "<Primary Data Source Name>"
SAP S/4HANA Cloud 1902
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new custom CDS view in the Custom CDS Views app
- Add a primary data source, and an associated data source
- Specify what the association properties for the associated data source will be, so the view will know how to link to the 2 data sources together
- Add some fields to the custom CDS view
- Attempt to save the draft of the view and the error may be seen
The field from the primary data source that is being used in the association properties has not been selected as one of the fields in the view
- In the Field Selection tab of the custom CDS view add the field that was from the primary data source that is used in the association properties
- Based on 2657021 , you should also not be selecting the field from the associated data source that were used in the association properties:
- "Do not expose the fields of the Associated Datasource that are used in the association properties. Use the fields of the primary datasource instead."
_CKE_toBase , KBA , BC-SRV-APS-GKE , Generic CDS Key User Editor , Problem