- Only 1 period is available for Forecast Periods slider when Running a Forecast with additional input in a Time Series Chart in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2019.7.0
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Create a new story with Time Series chart on sample model [BestRunJuice_SampleModel].
- Select [Gross Margin] as Measures axis and [Date] as Time axis.
- Filter on [Date] dimension to exclude the last month - Dec 2016.
- Choose Add Forecast icon from action menu and then select any one of forecast method (Automatic Forecast, Linear Regression, Triple Exponential Smoothing).
=> Once the forecast is performed, a color-coded Forecast link is displayed above the chart.
- Click the Forecast link to show a Forecast Periods slider where periods of 1 to 7 are available.
- Select Additional Forecast Input from action menu.
=> Additional Forecast Input panel will be shown on the right.
=> There is also a Forecast Periods slider to select periods from 1 to 7.
- Click Add Additional Input to add any one account object like [Discount], which has value in Dec 2016.
- Click Apply button.
=> Only 1 period is available for the slider shown in both the Forecast link (step 6) and Additional Forecast Input panel (step 7).
=> If filtering on [Date] dimension to exclude the last two months (Dec 2016 & Nov 2016) in step 4, the max Forecast Periods will be increased to 2.
- As described in help guide, to avoid errors when using Additional Inputs, it is necessary to ensure that data is available for both your original input data periods as well as the future period(s) you would like to forecast.
- Since the data of account([Discount]) as Additional Inputs is only available in Dec 2016 in future, the forecase could be performed in that period.
- Ensure that the account object used as Additional Inputs has data in the future period(s) you would like to forecast.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, time, series, chart, predict, predictive, forecase, smart, period, periods, additional, time, input, account , KBA , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To