Error message (/CPD/SS_MESSAGES 295) occurs - while assigning a resource to a role of a work package in an internal project.
(Message /CPD/SS_MESSAGES 295: Cost Center cannot be determined for the Employee ...)
SAP S/4 HANA Cloud
SAP Commercial Project Management (CPM)
Reproducing the Issue
- Use App: Plan Internal Projects (F1656)
- Open an Internal Project.
- Switch to "Edit"-mode.
- Go to tab: Work Packages and call the "Details" of the Work Package.
Or go to tab: Team.
- Staff the role by using "Add Resource".
- Select the "Resource" in the Pop-Up.
- Error-message "Cost Center cannot be determined for the Employee ..." (/CPD/SS_MESSAGES 295) is displayed.
The Error-Message is displayed because the start date of the resource is after the start date of the planned period of the effort of the role.
The effort of the role is planned from Jan 2019 to Dec 2019.
The resource which should be assigned is valid from Mar 2019 to Dec 9999.
As the start of the resource is after the start date of the effort of the role - the message "Cost Center cannot be determined for the Employee ..." is displayed.
Check the start and finish date of the resource and check/change the period of the effort of the role.
- Open the app "Employee Fact Sheet" by using ">" in the pop-up of the available resources while trying to staff the role. Check the start and finish date of the resource.
- Check the period of the effort of the role:
2.1. Use App: Plan Internal Projects (F1656)
2.2. Open an Internal Project
2.3. Go to tab: Team
2.5. An "Effort" is maintained for the role.
2.6. Click on the icon "Distribute" of the Effort.
2.7. In a pop-up the period of the effort is displayed.
2.8. Change the period of the effort that the resource is valid within this period.
F1656, /CPD/SS_MESSAGES295, DDL SQL View IEMPLOYORGDET, Table IEMPLOYMENT,
method: /CPD/IF_SC_STAFFING_SERVICE~FILL_REVEN_COST_BY_PERIOD class: /CPD/CL_SC_STAFFING_SERVICE
method: /CPD/IF_SC_STAFFING_SERVICE~GET_CC_STAFFED , KBA , CA-CPD-SS , S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud - CPM , Problem