You have performed a WIP clearing run and are expecting it to create some postings. But no postings have been generated.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Inventory Valuation work center.
- Select the WIP Clearing view.
- Open the Application Log of the respective run.
- Navigate to the Postings tab: You notice that there are no postings, even though Production Lots were successfully completed in the period.
There is no amount to be posted into WIP which needs clearing. Hence, there are no Journal Entries created by WIP Clearing.
- Open the Production Confirmation AA or BB of the Production Lot DEF which was processed by the WIP Clearing Run ABC and check the Journal Entries. You will see that all posted 0.00 LC to the WIP Account. If there are no or zero amounts posted, no Journal Entry will be created by the WIP Clearing Run (AA and BB represent Production Confirmation IDs, DEF represents a Production Lot ID, LC stands for Local Currency).
- Also, for the WIP clearing generate postings, the run needs to be executed for the same period in which the Production Confirmations got posted and the Production Lots completed.
- In addition, you can check if there are any Business Tasks open for the Production Lot, and if there are any Production Confirmations appearing as unposted Source Documents in the General Ledger work center. Only once the respective tasks are resolved and the documents are posted, can the WIP clearing run consider these transactions.
WIP Clearing, Journal Entry, Production Lot, Production Confirmation, WIP Clearing Run, Postings, Line Items , KBA , wip clearing run , no postings for wip clearing , production confirmation , production lot , no journal entry , SRD-FIN-INV , Inventory , Problem