Sometimes mass updates on fields are required, and to save some time, we may use Integration Center to assist us. The method described here will also allow us to bypass the necessity to provide a value for every mandatory field on the job requisition template when making an ODATA upsert call (Integration Center is using ODATA API).
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
** Before you proceed with any changes, we highly recommend that you run this test on your test environment first. Integration Center is a tool that have the potential to change configuration and information, which might cause malfunction on the environment and/or audit non conformities due to data change **
In this example we will update a picklist field (Required Travel)
- Build a CSV (UTF-8) file containing the columns: Job Requisition ID (1), True/False column for Boolean Draft option (2), column(s) with information you wish to update (3) (labels can be anything).
IMPORTANT: If you save your file using Excel, the 'true' value will automatically be saved as 'TRUE'. This will not work as expected once you upload the file. As a workaround, you can either change the cell format to Text and make sure the 'true' value is in small letters; or save the file in Excel, then open it using Notepad++, and change all the 'TRUE' values to 'true'. Save it again and use that file for the upload.
- Upload the file to an FTP server (Name must not contain spaces).
- Go to Integration center> Create new (1) > Scheduled CSV Input Integration (2).
- Search for JobRequisition entity (1) and select it (2).
- Under Configure Fields (1) > use button "Upload Sample CSV" (2) and add the same file created in Step1, you will see the columns you have created (3)
- Still under Configure Fields, click on the connector icon (1) and then you will have to link the fields from your CSV, to the Job Requisition fields you will be updating (2)
and it will look like this:
* Please keep in mind that you will have to link the column True/False to the option "isDraft Boolean" to ensure that you can make your update without providing all mandatory values on the Job Requisition.
** Please also keep in mind that not all fields support this action. Check the ODATA Data Dictionary as required.
- Under Source settings> fill the FTP information to access your file.
Under Review and Run> Save the work and then select “run now”, then just wait for the job to be finished, and it will update the fields selected.
NOTE: The integration job status will be "COMPLETED_WITH_WARNINGS" and it will show warning messages "Mandatory value missing" in the event log.
- If the entity metadata marks a field as mandatory, Integration Center will show the warning messages for those fields, but the record will still be sent to API for writing.
- The warning messages "Mandatory value missing" in event log can be ignored if you have followed the steps above.
- Currently there is no known limitation on the number of Job Requisitions that you can mass update on one time
Integration Center, mass update, update Job Requisition fields, number, amount, limitation , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , LOD-SF-RCM-INT , Integration Center & Intelligent Services , How To