- Customer is receiving error "Employee Central Foundation Objects" is required and "Target user does not have permission to sync the following artifacts: Data Model". when performing Data Model Sync;
- While trying to sync data models, customer is receiving the message that Effective Dated Platform and Foundation Objects are required to proceed with sync;
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite (Non-Employee Central)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to Source Instance and navigate to Admin Center;
- Search for Instance Synchronization Wizard;
- Sync artifact Data Model;
- Put userid of admin user in the field “User ID (target instance)";
- Click on Next and Receive the Error message:
"Employee Central Foundation Objects" is required and "Target user does not have permission to sync the following artifacts: Data Model"
Customer admins were unable to sync Succession Data Model, Country Specific Succession Data Model, only when Employee Central Foundation Object feature was enabled in your target instance.
For b1905 release, it is now possible to sync Data Models without Employee Central Foundation Object enabled in your target instance.
Please ensure that that you have properly configured the instance synchronization tool (Instance Pairing) and that necessary permissions are granted for the admin user submitting a sync request.
- Refer to the Instance Sync Administrator Guide - Instance Synchronization Administrator Guide
- Please ensure that both SOURCE and TARGET instances are on the same version (b1905) to ensure that syncing the data model will be successful.
- Preview Release Schedule - b1905 [May 10, 2019]
- Production Release Schedule - b1905 [June 7, 2019]
- When syncing data models using instance sync tool, please be advised that auto trigger of BCUI (Business configuration UI) job is not supported, post sync of data model using the tool. If you see inconsistencies in the BCUI after the sync, please follow the steps mentioned in KBA 2801085, under "Synchronizing the Succession Data Model with Metadata Framework (MDF)" section.
2088055 - Instance Synchronization Feature Guide & need to know information - Platform
Instance Sync, Data Model, Sync Data Model, Employee Central Foundation Objects, Target user does not have permission to sync the following artifacts: Data Model, Succession Data Model, Country Specific Succession Data Model , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-IST , Instance Sync Tool , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Product Enhancement