- You have faced the error Picklists with multiple parents in the Picklist Migration Conflicts Tool;
- What are the steps I need to follow to get the error Picklists with multiple parents fix?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata frameowrk (MDF)
When a picklist has parent picklist options from more than 1 parent, it said to have multiple parent picklists. Like in the example below – picklist Fruit has parent options from 2 parent picklists
- Vegetable Harvest Season
This is not allowed in MDF, hence before picklist migration all parent option ID’s in picklist must belong to ONLY 1 parent picklist.
**NOTE: This applies also to options that are in status DELETED, OBSOLETED, INACTIVE
All parent options must belong to single picklist like below.
How to identify multiple parents in your legacy picklist?
- Export all picklist including system generated option ID’s
- Open in excel
- Insert a column before column A and calls as OptionId (as the example below in the column A);
- Copy option ID to this newly created column
- Insert a new column called Parent Picklist ID after Column for parentOptionID;
- Create a VLOOKUP in the newly created Parent Picklist ID (as the example below in the column J);
=VLOOKUP(I2;A:B;2;FALSE) . Drag formula to all rows of column J
7. In column B filter on the picklists that the pre-check reported multiple parents for
8. In Column I &. J you can see parent option ID & parent picklist they belong
- After you find two or more parent picklist that are assign to the same PicklistID, you will need choosing one of them to be the only Parent Picklist;
- After you choose, you should import the csv file to system again;
Picklist Migration, MDF Picklist, Picklist Center, Picklist Management , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-PCK , Picklist Management Issue , LOD-SF-MDF-PKL , Picklists , Problem