You have added a custom EC to a standard screen as a new tab.
The new tab does not appear in the designer view or in the front end of the standard screen when you log into the user Interface.
The change transaction adding the EC can be seen in the 'Extensibility Explorer' tab of the standard screen(UI designer), however when you click 'Adjust Properties' the EC is not listed.
SAP Cloud Application Studio
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You have created a custom EC in your custom solution and added it to the standard screen but you cannot see it reflected.
You have activated the Screen.
You can see the change transaction adding the EC to the screen, but when you click adjust properties the EC is not listed.
The EC is not visible because it is not marked for reuse ('ReuseComponent' option for 'Authorisation Classification Code' under 'RBAM Data'). If an EC is not marked for reuse then it does not get merged and is not visible in the
UI designer or the front end UI.
To solve the problem, you need to set it to reuse.
Please follow these steps:
- Login to Cloud Applications Studio.
Open solution YABC. (ABC represents the custom solution id).
- Open the UI component /YABC_MAIN/SRC/folderName/NameOfEC_EC.EC.uicomponent ('YABC' represents your custom solution id, 'folderName' represents the path to the file if needed, 'NameOFEC' represents the name of your EC.)
- On the righthand panel of the UI designer, switch to 'Properties' tab.
- Find the property 'Authorization Classification Code' under 'RBAM Data' and change the value from 'Application' to 'ReuseComponent'.
- Save and Activate the UI component and create the Change Transaction again to add the EC via the 'Extensibility Explorer' tab in the standard Screen.
Embedded Component, EC, Custom EC, ReuseComponent, EC not visible in front end. EC added to standard screen, Custom Tab, Not able to display Custom EC. , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-RT , UI Framework Runtime , Problem