In the Trial Balance Report for some G/L-Accounts the Line Item Currency is not assigned.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Lists subview in the Reports view.
- Search for the report Trial Balance and select it.
- Run the report for Company ABC (ABC stands for the company ID) and Set of Books XYZ (XYZ stands for the Set of Books).
- To the Row Fields add the Field Line Item Currency.
For certain G/L-Accounts the Line Item Currency is Not Assigned.
For Miscellaneous balance sheet accounts without subledger, the line item currency is not populated.
As a result the Journal entries for these postings have no debit- and credit- line item currency. This behavior is displayed in the G/L-Account Line items report.
The same information is being pulled in to the trial balance report and therefore displays the line item currency as not assigned.
In terms of the report, the report can only show what is present in the Journal Entry.
The Journal Entry does not have line item currency or amount for Balance Sheet Miscellaneous G/L-Accounts (without subledger), so it's essentially initial and shown as not assigned.
Trial Balance report; not assigned; line item currency; G/L-Account , KBA , SRD-FIN-GL , General Ledger , How To