You are trying to request Leave of absence (LOA) for any employee in the system and when doing this you are getting an application error.
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central (EC) - All Versions
- You have business rules either in Employee Time or Job Information which are validating the country of the legal entity of the employee;
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to any employee in the system;
- In the Time Off session, click in Administer Time;
- Click in New Absence;
- When submitting, an application error appears;
Your business rules are validating the Country of the Legal Entity of the employee which is not the problem but the Legal Entity object has the effective date previous to the Country effective date which is causing the application error.
To check this please go to:
- Manage Data;
- Select Country;
- Select the country you are validating in the rule;
- Take node of the effective date;
- Now select the Legal Entity of the employees;
- See that the effective date of the Legal Entity is before the effective date of the Country in this case the field Country will be blank in the Legal entity Object;
FOR INTERNAL STAFF ONLY: Please refer to the internal memo of this KBA.
To solve this issue, you need to either create a new record in the Legal Entity object with an effective date in which country already exists (remember that it must be before the job history date as well) or correct the effective date of the Country object to match with the effective date of the Legal Entity Object.
- Go to Manage Data;
- Select the object you want to correct;
- If the object is the country, Just click in take action > make correction and change the effective date;
- If the object you want to correct is the Legal Entity, then click in Insert New record and add a new record in the effective date where Country is already active;
Invalid ISO 3 country code null found. getTime() of a null object loaded from local variable 'date' 751f0dbe2a4a782732e7c85101d772bd49deade1 cannot request leave of absence , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , Problem