- On a Windows host where
- an ASE is already installed or
- after a failed previous installation
- The installation with SWPM of a new NW or Java system fails
- The instdir_sapinst_dev.log shows error messages:
TRACE ... (startInstallation)
syb_dialog_dbsw_already_installed: registry entry SOFTWARE/SYBASE/Server/SID exist
syb_dialog_dbsw_already_installed: Windows Registry includes entries for ASE Server, it is not possible to install an additional ASE instance.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP NetWeaver (NW) or Java - All versions
KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.