When creating a billing document using the "Create billing documents" (App id F0798) app, a temporary billing document is displayed. After the create session is aborted, the temporary billing document is displayed in the document flow. There is no way to display this temporary billing document or delete it.Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- Sales Billing
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the "Create Billing Documents" app (Fiori app ID F0798).
- Select a order or delivery. Choose the button "Create".
- A temporary billing document number is displayed.
- Exit the screen by choosing the home button or close the page directly.
- Go to the "Display Outbound Delivery" app. Check the document flow. The temporary billing document is shown here.
- If you try to create the billing document again, a new temporary billing document number would be created and multiple temporary billing documents could be displayed in the document flow.
When the billing setting "Display billing documents after creation" is on, a temporary preview of the billing document currently being created is shown.
This gives users a chance to review the billing document. If everything is correct, you can convert this temporary billing document to a final billing document by choosing the button "Save". If you notice a mistake, you can discard the temporary billing document by choosing button "Cancel". This will return you to the worklist, where you can start again.
Therefore, the proper way to leave this screen is to choose the "Cancel" button but never using the back or home button. Otherwise, the temporary billing documents may get saved in the database. The cancel action will only delete the current temporary billing document, but won't delete the previous temporary documents.
To get rid of all the temporary billing documents, you can find the orders or deliveries with this problem. Then go to the "Create Billing Documents" app to create and save the billing documents. After the actual billing document is created, all of the temporary billing documents are deleted. The actual billing document number will be displayed in the document flow.
Fiori app Create Billing Documents
S4, HANA, temporary invoice, temporary billing document, VBFA, create billing document, F0798 , KBA , SD-FIO-BIL , Fiori UIs for Billing , Problem