- CPU usage increased very fast when multiple queries running on a big compressed table at the same time.
- Even the queries do not return any rows, the same situation will still happen on a compressed table.
- May see the stack trace of spid on decompress__column_by_colinfo or decompress_column_by_colid for most of the time.
- However, the same queries running on a UN-compressed with same DDL and data volume does not lead to CPU overhead.
- The situation looks similar to KBA 2764059, but disabling "capture compression statistics" does not give much improvement.
SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP02 PL06 HF1
CR818671, CR#818671, 818671, CPU overhead, compression, decompress__column_by_colinfo, decompress_column_by_colid , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.