Multi Dataset reports in Ad Hoc / Report - Table allow you to create one report that combines the data from multiple domains in the same file.
This article will explain the steps to create such a report.
Note:Unlike Cross-domain reports, the different domains / datasets added to a Multi Dataset report are completely independent from each other.
Multi Dataset reports are mostly used to build BIRT reports where the data from different datasources are stitched together by the BURT template to render the desired output.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Creating a Multi Dataset Report:
- Access Ad Hoc Reports click 'Create New Report'.
If you have Report Center enabled, just click 'New' from the Reporting page and select 'Report - Table'.
- Select 'Multi Dataset Report' for the 'Report type'.
For 'Report Definition type', from the drop-down choose one of the domains you are interested in including in the report and click create.
In this example, we will start with Employee Profile.
- Give the report a name and configure the People Scope, columns and filters for the 1st domain (Employee Profile in this case) as you would do for a Single Domain Report.
Refer this help portal guide for assistance with the same
- Click the 'preview' button in the bottom right corner of the screen (anytime), to preview the output of the report you have built so far.
Note: It isn't possible to generate Multi Dataset reports while editing them. More on this: 2440361 - "Generate" button is grayed out in edit mode for Multi Dataset Ad Hoc Report
- Additional domains can be included to the report by clicking the '+Add Domain' button:
- As soon as a new domain is added, it will be populated in all the sections (pills) in the report's definition:
- The second dataset can be confirgued now.
You can repeat the same process for adding more domains (datasets) to the report.
- If you preview a multi dataset report that has more than one dataset, the preview will display data from different datasets, in seperate tabs:
- To Generate the report, navigate back to the Ad Hoc Reports page / Reporting page and 'Run' the report.
Note: The only export option for Multi Dataset reports (by default) is Run Offline to Excel.
This behaviour however, could change based on BIRT templates (if any) added to the report.
- The exported MS Excel file contains the data from different datasets in the report, in different independent sheets.
i.e. One workbook(file) with multiple independent worksheets(sheets).
Multi, data, set, report, ad, hoc, center, table, build, export, sheet, multiple, same, file , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , How To