Your requirement is to create Services using migration tool. After you executed the migration, the Services are not created in the system.
The specified target value is invalid or does not exist in the system. This can have various causes: The source value is not compatible with the target system and you have not assigned a suitable target value to the source value in work step Data Validation . The system cannot find the target value in the target system, for instance because the affected value has not been migrated. Procedure If the error is due to an incompatible source value, proceed as follows: Check the source value in the migration template and change it as appropriate. Check the target value assigned in work step Data Validation and change as necessary. If the system cannot find the target value, proceed as follows: Create or migrate the relevant value before using it as the target value for the current migration object. If you created or migrated the affected value manually, assign the target value that corresponds to the source value in work step Data Validation. If you migrated the affected value with the migration tool, assign the appropriate target value to the source value from the input help in work.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Select Implementation Projects view or Overview.
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Services.
- Select Migrate services using the migration tool.
- Select You Can Also at the top right corner of the screen and Download Migration Template.
- Fill the required and the mandatory fields in the migration file.
- Upload the Migration File.
- Execute Migration for the respective Migration File with Migration Mode Add new records.
- In the Simulation step, the errors are not displayed.
- In the Simulation step, in the section Source File, you see the summary of the migration file, that all the Services have Errors.
In the General sheet of the migration file, in the column Language, the data type in the field Language is of Type Text with Length 80. In this field, you have specified the short Language Code instead of the description of the Language.
In the General sheet of the migration file, in the column Language, specify the description of the Language example: English, Spanish, German etc. Do not specify the Language Codes like E for EN , D for DE etc.
Correct the data in the migration file and proceed with the migration activity.
Migration of Services, Services, Language, Language Code, Services not migrated , KBA , error , migration of services , language code , services not migrated , services , invalid target value detected , language must be maintained , able , simulation step , fails , unable , message , does not exist in the system , the specified target value is invalid or , SRD-CC-MIG-DMC , Migration: Tool , Problem