- The 'Person GUID Export' is a pre-delivered scenario.
- It is used to export Person GUID data at company level for products like Learning Management System (LMS) which haven't implemented the standard Employee Export.
- The following chapters will give user a guide on how to use this scenario smoothly.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactord Platform
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
What's Person GUID Export in Business Scenarios?
The Integration Center enables HR business analysts to build, run, schedule, and monitor simple integrations. It simplifies the most common export and import use cases. You can build integrations quickly and easily through a guided workflow. Predefined templates are available and you can also create your own templates. For more information, please refer to the Integration Center User Guide. Business Scenario is an extension for customers built over Integration Center. Business Scenarios are pre-delivered standard scenarios to support business processes between SAP SuccessFactors and other SAP systems. SAP SuccessFactors has certain pre-delivered scenarios that can be enabled and configured as needed, refer to Configuring Business Scenarios.
'Person GUID Export' is a pre-delivered scenario.It is used to export Person GUID data at company level for product like Learning Management System (LMS) that hasn't implemented the standard Employee Export. The following chapters will give user a guide on how to use this scenario smoothly.
Granting Permissions for Person GUID Export
To grant permissions to enable or disable Person GUID Export integration, complete the steps in section 2.1 for Role-Based Permissions (RBP). It is important to note that RBP is the only permission model that is available to new customers. New customers cannot disable RBP to use legacy permissions. For more information, please refer to the Implementing Role-Based Permissions. Besides legacy permission is not supported by Integration Center/Business Scenario for existing customers.
Assign the role-based permissions necessary for appropriate users so they can enable or disable the Person GUID Export integration.
- Role-based permissions enabled
- MDF objects enabled
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles. You are directed to the Permission Role List.
- Select the Permission Role Group you want or create a new one to open the Permission Role Detail page.
- Select Permission to open the Permission settings dialog box.
- Set up required role-based target permissions: the first three permissions are required by Integration Center/Business Scenario, the last one is specific for Person GUID Export scenario:
- Select Done to save target permissions and to close up the Permission Settings dialog box. You are directed back to the Permission Role Detail page as below:
- Select Add or Edit Granting to grant this role to specific Permission Groups or Users, and specify the Target population for the Employee Export Permission whom the granted user have access to:
Tips: If you enabled External Learner, then 'Add For External Target Population' will be visible, and you can add All (External Leaner) to export external leaners.
Tips: If you specify a group for Target population other than All (Employees) or All (External Leaner), e.g. employees from department A, or external leaners in Shanghai, then only part of the employees' or external learners' GUID will be exported to the CSV file.
- Select Save Changes to finish.
Enabling Person GUID Export
Users with granted permissions can enable the Person GUID Export integration based on the business needs in the following sections. After activating the integration, you can continue to setup the configuration simply through the guided workflow and schedule the integration job accordingly. Finally you can monitor the integration job execution status via Execution Manager.
Configuring Person GUID Export
Activate and configure the Person GUID Export scenario.
- Go to Admin Center > Business Scenario, and find Person GUID Export on the landing page of the Business Scenarios:
- Click ON in Active column to activate the scenario, in the popup click OK to configure the scenario:
- (OPTIONAL) Go to Filter and Sort if you would like to exclude some users from the export (maybe technical users that do not exist in LMS)
if you don't exclude them, the connector will reject this records but process all the other records without issue.
- Go to Destination Settings, these settings would need to match some properties in your LMS Connectors configuration file (LMS admin > Configuration > System Configuration)
- in File Server Settings enter your SFTP Server details as per # FTP connection settings in the Connectors file
- File Name and Folder Settings:
- File name Prefix should be PERSON_GUID and may need to contain a suffix if connector.input.file.name.tenant.suffix.enable=true and there is a value in connector.input.file.name.tenant.suffix.override= for example "PERSON_GUID_SAP"
- File extension should be .txt
- File Folder should match what is set for connector.input.file.location - it might be /incoming).
- Go to Scheduling, to setup the job scheduling based on business needs; e.g. Weekly. (NOTE: A recommendation of how often is required.):
- Go to Review and Run to see the configuration summary and click Save to save the current version.
(Click Set Schedule will deploy current version to scheduler, while click Run Now will execute current version immediately and send file to the destination sever without impact previously scheduled version):
Integration is configured and scheduled.
- Next Steps:
Monitoring the Integration Job
Monitoring Integration Job
Monitor the Person GUID Export job execution status after scheduling.
- Go to Admin Center > Execution Manager, click tab Integration Center to show the job execution status.
- See the detail log for one specific job by clicking icon :
- In Non RBP environment, there is no Access to Business Scenario permission under Integration Tools and user can't see the Business Scenario in Admin Center:
Solution: Business Scenario is an extension for customers built over Integration Center which uses MDF. Officially MDF requires RBP. Thus non RBP is not supported by Integration Center/Business Scenarios.
- If no admin access to MDF ODATA API, when enter Integration Center or Business Scenario, the following message shall show:
Solution: grant required permission as described in Session 2.1
- If no admin access to Execution Manager, the following error message will show when go to Execution Manager.
Solution: grant required permission as described in Session 2.1.
- If no Employee Export admin permission, the configure Fields contains no data:
Solution: grant required permission as described in Session 2.1.
- If wrong SFTP connection is configured, job will fail with error message in Execution Manager. In case email notification is setup, user will be notified via email:
Solution: edit the scenario and setup the SFTP correctly
- Scenario is switched off, scheduled job still get executed.
Solution: switch off option will retain all the configurations done. Make sure to disable the job scheduling in the configuration before switch off. Otherwise, user will get extra job execution.
- How to export External Onboarding User to the csv file?
Solution: you need to add the external target population for permission 'Employee Export' using User Type 'External Onboarding User' as marked below, which is quite similar as that done for external learner. Make sure you have enabled the external onboarding user feature in provisioning, otherwise you'll not able to see the option 'External Onboarding User' when add for external target population.
Business Scenario, Learning, People Analytics, SAC, Person GUID Export Connector LMS SF success factors, SF, Person ID , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , How To