- CPU usage increased very fast when multiple queries running on a big compressed table at the same time.
- Even the queries do not return any rows, the same issue will still happen on a compressed table.
- May see the stack trace of spid on decompress__column_by_colinfo for most of the time.
- However, the same queries running on a UN-compressed with same DDL and data volume does not lead to CPU overhead.
- "capture compression statistics" is enabled.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
Compression, CPU overhead, CPU usage high, capture compression statistics, decompress__column_by_colinfo , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.