- An "infected with signal 11" error in the module OptGlobal::OptGlobal() together with a stack trace appears in the ASE errorlog:
Current process (0x1910021) infected with signal 11 (SIGSEGV)
Address 0x0x000000000089b4b2 (OptGlobal::OptGlobal(Node<Lop>*, tree*, OptPool*)+0x4260), siginfo (code, address) = (1, 0x0x0000000000000018)
- Various different patterns of stack traces may be seen in the ASE errorlog if a query is using reformat strategy on a table with row size that is potentially bigger than the ASE configured page size.
- Memory corruption may get into different stack traces with different segmentation fault routine names.
- An example of a complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
kisignal, stacktrace, registers, CR817400, CR#817400, 817400, SEGV, segmentation, storage, access, violation, fault, segfault , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.