- When upgrading NW Java system, SUMs raises an error at WAIT_PORTAL_IMPORT phase and stops;
- After checking SAP Notes 2643575 or 2336548 it is identified that:
- System is NOT in SAFE Mode;
- There are no OLD .EPA files at the delayed deployment folder;
- There are no .err files at delayed deployment folder;
- Checking the startup defaultTrace file (see SAP Note 1959839 - Fresh DefaultTraces after engine's restart) the following exception is found:
Application sap.com/com.sap.portal.importlistenersmonitor cannot be started. Reason: it has hard reference to application <HARD_REFERENCED_APPLICATION>, which is not active on the server because application fails to start with errors. Contact component owners to investigate the problem with application <HARD_REFERENCED_APPLICATION>.
- NetWeaver Application Server Java
- Enterprise Portal
SUM, PORTAL, upgrade, stuck, failed, delayed deployment folder, /usr/sap/<SID>/<inst. no>/j2ee/cluster/serverX/temp/com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee/delayedDeployment_EPA, .deploy.properties, .err, .log, .err, .bak, extension, deployment, delayed, delayed deployment, delayedDeployment_EPA, com.sap.portal.gpar_hidden_content_package.epa, safe mode, safe, mode, J2EE, J2EE Engine, start, startup mode, startup , KBA , EP-PIN-MIG , Upgrades issues (6.4 / 7.0 to >=7.3) , BC-UPG-TLS-TLJ , Upgrade tools for Java , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.