- Any queries on master..syslogins or queries which use a built in function which queries master..syslogings hang in "latch sleep"
- The ASE errorlogs shows one or more 1204 errors which is for ASE running out of locks:
Error: 1204, Severity: 17, State: 2
ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
When trying to kill related processes the following message is reported:
"Killing spid: 939 will not be immediate because it is waiting for a latch held by spid: 23."
- "LICENSE HEARTBEAT" process also in "latch sleep". Errorlog may also show the process encounter Error 1204.
- ASE must be rebooted to clear the condition
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR818627, CR#818627, , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.