- Any queries on master..syslogins or queries which use a built in function which queries master..syslogings hang in "latch sleep"
- The ASE errorlogs shows one or more 1204 errors which is for ASE running out of locks:
Error: 1204, Severity: 17, State: 2
ASE has run out of LOCKS. Re-run your command when there are fewer active users, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role to reconfigure ASE with more LOCKS.
When trying to kill related processes the following message is reported:
"Killing spid: 939 will not be immediate because it is waiting for a latch held by spid: 23."
- "LICENSE HEARTBEAT" process also in "latch sleep". Errorlog may also show the process encounter Error 1204.
- ASE must be rebooted to clear the condition
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise Cluster Edition (ASE CE)
Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, CR818627, CR#818627, , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-SYB-ASE-CE , ASE Cluster Edition (Standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP for Me (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.