- Subject Areas are not updating when using Item Connector
- Is it possible to remove or replace the subject areas using item connector?
- What is the correct item connector configuration to add subject areas?
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
- It is currently not possible to update existing subject areas via the Item Connector.
- It is only possible add subject areas 3 at a time via the connector and that the connector accumulates rather than replaces the ones that are already there. (KB article 2543421)
- It is also not possible to remove subject areas via the connector.
- It is currently only possible by removing the association in the UI via the steps below:
- Navigate to the item in LMS admin UI
- Click on "Subject Areas" tab in the "Related menu
- Tick checkboxes of the subject area(s) you want to remove.
- Hit "Save".
- How to update item connector configuration mapping for Subject areas:
- Navigate to System Administration > Configuration >System Configuration > CONNECTOR
- Update the following Item Connector values:
- Place the file in SFTP server and run the Item connector.
Note: If you would like this behavior, please raise the enhancement request on SAP Influence Site.
You could also vote for a similar idea which is requesting a way of removing subject areas from items in bulk (i.e. via a connector):
- KB article 2447278 - Is it possible to associated more than 3 catalog ID and 3 subject areas via item connector
- KB article 2543421 - How to update more than 3 subject areas for an item using the Item Connector
- KB article 2240719 - Subject Area Management
- KB article 2404463 - LMS Connectors - Connector Workbooks FAQ
- KB article 2090228 - How to Submit Enhancement Requests for SAP SuccessFactors Products
SF, Success Factors, LMS, learning, subject are, item connector, update, add , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , How To