Error message when clicking on add goal in goal plan
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
SAP SuccessFactors Goal Management
Reproducing the Issue
Log on into instance
Navigate to your goal plan
Click on add goal
You get an error message which displays following Fingerprint 51bfb646ad94c7ed5c3c65c4716bce6728b137e0
- On your goal plan you click on Action drop-down
- Select to “View Goal Detail” beside any of the listed goals.
- The View Goal Details page does not open – instead there is a blank page
Your goal plan has a "comments" field configured which uses as type "text" instead of "comment"
1. The root cause is an incorrect type for the field-id "Comments". The type "text" is not a valid configuration, instead "comment" should be used as type .
2. This field can only be set up in the goal plan xml and not in the UI - see configuration example below:
<field-definition id="comments" type="comment" required="false" detail="false" viewdefault="off" showlabel="true" field-show-coaching-advisor="false" cascade-update="push-down">
3. Once this has been configured, you can check the type as well in the UI and you will no longer receive an error message when trying to create a goal in the goal plan