You want to use Sales Kits in a Service Order but you face the error, Products w/o item group Sales Kit not supported for location of srv provision On-Site.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Service Order work center.
- Go to New Service Order.
- Enter the account details and click on View All.
- Go to the Services and Spare Parts tab, enter a Sales Kit. Click on Save.
Error: Products w/ item group Sales Kit not supported for location of srv provision On-Site
Kits are not supported in the following scenarios:
- Subsequent debit and subsequent credit memo items, customs duty, down payments, recurring invoices, invoice templates, and invoices without reference to purchase orders scenarios in supplier invoicing.
- Materials in Projects (Project Stock Order)
- Intracompany stock transfer
- Supplier Return of Kits
- Supplier or customer returns
- Service and repair scenarios
- Strategic sourcing (contracts, quotes, shopping cart)
- Self- service procurement (non-stock materials)
- Point of Sale Transactions
Sales Kits are not supported in Service and Repair Scenarios.
Help Center Document: Kits Process Flow
"Sales Kits", "Service Order" , KBA , AP-SVO-SO , Service Order , Problem