- It is not possible to edit Business Partner with role Employee in App Manage Business Partner Master Data.
- The button edit is not appearing for BP with has a role Employee but is visible for BP with role Customer or Supplier.
- Some Employee Business Partners Can be edited in the Business Partner Master Data apps and some cannot.
- It is not possible to edit a BP with role supplier as well as employee in App Manage Supplier Data.
- It is not possible to change BP with role Employee which is in draft state.
- In app "Manage Mass Maintenance - Business Partner", it is not possible to do mass changes on BP's with role employee.
- It is not possible to mass update employee address via Business Partner Apps.
- It is not possible to edit the Valid dates of the payment information.
- The field "Search Term 1" changed via App Maintain Business Partner is reverted to original value.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD
Reproducing the Issue
[Enter your Reproducing the Issue here...]
When an Employee Business Partner is created via Successfactors integration it is assigned the HCM001 address type as the default address type then that is seen as the source HR system and the address details can only be changed in Successfactors
When an Employee Business Partner is created locally in the S/4HANA Cloud system itself e.g. via the Import Employees you can edit the address details for these in the Business Partner Apps e.g. Maintain Business Partner as they get the XXDEFAULT address type and can be edited in the Business Partner Master Data Apps
To maintain employee business partner master data please follow the process as outlined in SAP Knowledge Base Article 2646803 – How to maintain employees data in an S/4HANA Cloud.
- If the Employee Business Partner was created locally in the S/4HANA Cloud system then the address details can be updated in the Maintain Business Partner Master data apps
- If the employee BP was created in SuccessFactors then the address must be maintained in SuccessFactors and cannot be edited in the Business Partner Master data apps in SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Note: As an exception, it is possible to create the bank data for BP with role Employee in the Maintain Business Partner App. The Business Partner needs to be opened in this App in the "Business Partner (Gen.)" role, then under the Payment Transactions tab you can add the bank data, including the reference field. It is also possible to update the employee address via the Maintain Business Partner app.
The validity dates can not be modified, to edit them, please use the Public API Replicate Basic Master Data for Workforce from External HR Systems to determine the ValidityPeriod in the WorkAgreementPaymentInformation.
2384522 - Enablement of payment transactions tab for roles Employee, Service Performer and Freelancer in BP transaction in S4HANA system
2570961 - Simplification item S4TWL - Business User Management
BUP003; SAP; BP; business; partner; BP; edit; employee; supplier; customer; cloud; bp; S/4HANA Cloud, vendor, region, mass, update, address, street, city, SAP_SYSTEM, synchronization, NCHMC, search, term , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , CA-HR-S4 , Cross-Application HCM Objects in S/4HANA , LO-MD-FIO-CM , Fiori UI for Customer Master , LO-MD-FIO-VM , Fiori UI for Vendor Master , CA-MDG-CMP-FIO , Fiori UI for Consolidation & Mass Processing , Problem