- The following error occurs when adding a hierarchy into a table or chart in a story in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
"Caught exception: exception 52731: Hierarchy cache error for hierarchy name: Hierarchy create error for "_SYS_BIC".SQL: column store error:search table error:  Instantiation of calculation model failed; exception 306106: Undefined variable: \$\$xxxxxx\$\$. Variable is marked as required but not set in the query"
- The hierarchy comes from a calculation view based on a HANA live connection.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new story.
- Add a table or chart.
- Add the hierarchy into the table or chart.
The toggle "Parameter Case Sensitive" was enabled in the advanced view properties in the HANA database.
- 2670064 - FAQ: SAP HANA Multi-Dimensional Services (MDS)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , HAN-AS-INA-SVC , deprecated - please use HAN-DB-ENG-MDS instead , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem