You're working with a report based on the Sales Quotes of your system, when you notice that when comparing the Total information available in the Quote Header with the Net Value Key Figure in Reporting, there are some differences in the values maintained.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
To notice this difference, you can find the steps to reproduce for both perspectives:
- Navigate to Business Analytics Work Center.
- Navigate to Design Reports Work Center View.
- Search for the report related to Sales Quotes you are working with.
- Open and run the report.
- Add the characteristic Sales Quote / Sales Quote ID to the view.
- Filter the report for any specific Sales Quote.
- Add the Key Figure Net Value to the Columns tab of the Report View.
- See the values.
- Navigate to Sales Work Center.
- Navigate to Sales Quotes Work Center View.
- Search for the specific Sales Quote you filtered in the report.
- Open the Sales Quote.
- See the value maintained for the Total information in the Header tab.
- Compare the values with the ones maintained in the report.
There might exist a difference between the values shown in the Quote Header and in the Reports, as the objects Total and Net Value are based on different Business Object attributes. Also, in some cases, if the Sales Quote uses external pricing in ERP side, this difference can be a result from the pricing configuration in ERP.
- Header Field 'Total' -> BO details: BO node: TOTAL_VALUES, attribute:NET_AMOUNT.
- 'Net Value(Transactional Currency)' (in Data source 'Sales Quote Item') -> BO details: BO node: ITEM_TOTAL_VALUES, attribute: NET_AMOUNT. -> This can be seen on UI of Products items, column 'Adjusted Item Value'. So the 'Net Value' in the report = sum of 'Adjusted Item Value'.
- Or you can make the fields 'Total (Gross)' and 'Tax' visible in quote header. the 'Net Value' in the report = Total (Gross) - Tax
As these two elements are based on different business objects, it is expected that sometimes they display a minimum difference in their results, still, it is recommended to check the pricing result from ERP system in case the Sales Quotes use the External Pricing functionality to determine the most accurate result.
Sales Quote; Sales; Analytics; Report; Reporting; Different; Value; Net Value; Total; Inconsistent; Wrong; ERP; External Pricing; Pricing Configuration; , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To