You open any report or data source in the Business Analytics work center and you only see unassigned values (#) or data which is not meaningful.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the work center Business Analytics, view Design Reports or Design Data Sources.
- Open any report or preview any data source.
- Adjust the selection as required and start the report.
You may see one of the following results:
- Only unassigned values (#) are shown.
- Random data is shown which is not meaningful.
- No data is shown although there should be entries.
You have not made the required configuration settings to show real data in Business Analytics. This is why the access context in the report shows Test Data.
Go to the work center Business Configuration, view Overview.
- Search for the activity Administrator Analytics - Settings and open it.
- Check the box Show Real Data under the option: Real Data Shown to Key User Instead of Generic Data
- Save this setting.
You can also see the help center article called 'Overview of Analytics' for reference (paragraph 'Before You Get Started').
For Business ByDesign: 2679556 - Data Source Preview is not supported in Business Analytics
business analytics, reporting, no data, missing data, wrong data, unassigned, test data, access context , KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To