System becomes unresponsive, when you are trying to create Business role with the Restriction Rule 99.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to Administrator work center and select Business Roles.
2. Select New and then Business Role.
3. Enter the Business Role ID.
4. Select Scope Manually and select Gobal from the dropdown
5. In Work Center and View Assignments tab, Select the Work Center View ID SEOD_EMPLOYEE_SUPPORT_WCVIEW (Service).
6. Go to Access Restrictions Tab and select the view SEOD_EMPLOYEE_SUPPORT_WCVIEW
7. Set the read and write access of the view to restricted.
8. Choose Restriction Rule: 99 – Define Specific Restrictions
9. Once you select the Restriction rule, the system will become unresponsive.
Restriction rule 99 have limitations in terms of the data and volumes it can handle, especially when the restrictions are hierarchical by nature.
In order to construct the hierarchy, system needs to fetch the complete data. Since the data is huge in your system, it became unresponsive because of performance issues.
Creating a business role with restrcition rule 99 is not advisable, when you have a huge volume of data in the system.
As a work around, you can use other restriction rules like Employee, Territories and Managed Service units based on your requirment.
Restriction Rule 99, Access Restriction, Business Role, , KBA , SRD-CC-IAM , Identity & Access Management , Problem