Below, you can find a few of the common queries regarding the types of users available in the system.
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud for Customer
1. Why dialog users are locked by default while service users and non-dialog users are not?
Service users and non-dialog users, which are active in every client of every system, are created with the initial password and are used for manual access in case of emergency support cases. The passwords are changed once the tenant reaches the quality check in progress status.
Dialog users are available in every client of every system for administrative tasks. They are unlocked via SPC.
2. Why is SAP_LMUPD locked and not SAP_LMPRV or SAP_LMADM?
Support and Technical users are categorized into two parts:
- Users for SAP support and maintenance processes.
- Customer technical users for customer business processes, which don't have a business partner behind them.
Any user in customer's system which starts with SAP or SP are for SAP’s administrative and support purposes. Unlocking and locking them depends of the purpose of the user. For example, the users mentioned above — SAP_LMUPD, SAP_LMPRV, SAP_LMADM — are for lifecycle management processes, one for provisioning (PRV), other for administration (ADM) etc. They will be unlocked or locked based on corresponding user’s usage processes for administration or support.
We have an internal process to define the set of technical users existing in the system, including for administrative and support purposes.
3. What is the role of the users beginning with an underscore (_)?
The users starting with underscore are for customer communication purposes (B2B / A2X / OData).
Users with underscore followed by numbers are for OData purposes.
4. And what about other users not included in KBA #2613056, which are locked?
There are technical users for communication arrangements (A2X), so that external applications can communicate with the C4C/ByD system. They all are for internal purposes.
System Users, SAP Note 2613056, Technical Users, Dialog and Non-dialog Users , KBA , SRD-CC-IAM , Identity & Access Management , Problem