- What is MDF Audit?
- GDPR objects vs Non GDPR
- How to enable MDF Audit?
- How to request audit report for Non GDPR MDF objects?
- What about GDPR related objects?
- Will self service option be available for non GDPR MDF objects?
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
What is MDF Audit?
- MDF has its own seperate audit table solution for GDPR and non GDPR MDF objects
- This is a free opt-in feature and is configured at the object level.
- Customers must review the Audit configuration for all MDF objects for which they need to audit.
- If audit is not turned on the object level we will not be able to provide any audit information.
- Note this is on the obect level so you must configure audit for each object.
- For example Position can have the audit turned on while Payment Information might have audit being turned off.
- It records changes which includes create/update/delete/insert all
- Note it only changes to the MDF records, currently changes to the object configuration is not covered by this framework.
- There are plans to introduce this feature in the future
How to enable MDF audit for my instance ?
To enable MDF audit follow the below steps
- Login to application and Go to Configure Object Definition
- Select the specific Object and Do make correction
- Change field MDF Version History to ‘Delete History’ or ‘Complete History’ based on the need and save.(We recommend using Complete History)
- Once this is completed you will be able to obtain audit data from this date.
For more details on MDF Version History please see 2603939 - MDF version history field in Object definition
To request audit report for non GDPR objects an incident with customer support is requiredOpen an incident under the Foundation & Tools category (LOD-SF-MDF) with this Template request:
Data required : For example: "Audit on changes to a record in a Payment Information object, "
User population: For example "Audit on all users" or "Only users in division ABC" or on non user based objects like All Positions or Positions with external code ‘PO100’
Time frame : For example: "Length of time"
This should be sufficient for the majority of requests. If Engineering require further information support will let you know.
Note: requests like "changes to all objects" will not be supported, you need to refine your request. If you have mutiple requests on multiple objects then please open a new incident per object request.
The MDF support team will then create an internal JIRA (MDF-TASK-GDPR change log) to request this data.
Turnaround Time: It can take several weeks to process these non-critical requests. (For urgent requests please use standard escalation processes)
- For GDPR related object you must have LSDP configured in manage data.
- It is mandatory that MDF version history is enabled before LSDP configuration can be created.
- Again this is determined by the customer and ultimately they decide what objects are GDPR related and what objects are to be included in the Audit
- This means you must select the custom object and set up Legislatively Sensitive Data Configuration on Manage Data for that object.
- This process must be repeated and followed per each MDF object required
- From there you can use the selfservice Change Audit tool to obtain audit reports for MDF objects
- See 2744431 for reference on how to use the self service Change Audit tool
- Currently customers can use the self service tool for GDPR objects as described above.
- Engineering are currently working on developing this feature as a self serving feature for Non GDPR MDF objects. However there is no release date confirmed as there is on-going tests to overcome issues deliverying it to customers.
- Once this functionality is confirmed, details will be included in the quarterly release notes