On creating a new Opportunity or Sales Quote, the generated Document IDs are not in chronological order.
You may also see gaps in the numbers, even if you have not deleted any document.
SAP Cloud For Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work center.
- Go to the Opportunities view (in our example).
- Select the button New and create a new opportunity.
- Enter all mandatory fields.
- Save and Open.
- The generated opportunity ID is XYZ (where XYZ represents opportunity ID 1001 for example).
- Repeat the same step 3 and 5 to create another new opportunity.
- Now the opportunity ID is UVW (Where UVW represents opportunity ID 998 for example).
The opportunity ID UVW is created after Opportunity ID XYZ but has a lower number.
Example Opportunities Creation:
Opportunity XYZ is created on 19th February.
Opportunity UVW is created on 20th February.
You may also see gaps in opportunity IDs, even if you have not deleted any document.
For Example: An opportunity is created in the system which has ID 100 and very next opportunity ID is 103.
Every Aplication server buffers a batch of 10 numbers. So, depending on which application server the request is processed, the system makes these numbers available to the application server in question. The following numbers can then be taken directly from the application server buffer. New numbers are not used in the database until the application server buffer has been used up. As there are more than one application servers available, the numerical sequence will not reflect the chronological insert sequence because the numbers are buffered separately on the individual hosts.
This is the expected behavior of the system.
Id Missing, Number range, Sequence, opportunity, sales quote , KBA , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , How To