You are receiving the error message "Cost Center is missing" when creating new Fixed Asset.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Fixed Assets work center.
- Go to the Fixed Assets view.
- Click on New -> Fixed Asset.
- Enter all required fields and Assignment Type: 1 - Cost Center.
- Error message is displyed: Cost Center is missing.
- Click on Value help and there is no data exists for the selection.
The assigned cost center is not active for the whole validity period.
For example, you have selected a Valid From/To range 01/01/2019 to 31/01/2019, but the cost center is only active from 25/01/2019 to Unlimited.
You can view the cost center validity by following the steps:
Go to the Organizational Management work center.
Go to the Edit Org Structures view.
Set the Effective from date as DD.MM.YYYY.
Highlight the Org Unit.
Go to Timelines tab, where you can find validity of the Cost center.
You need to maintain the correct Valid From/To in the New Fixed Asset to view the all cost centers.
Cost center is missing, New Fixed Asset, Error while creating fixed asset , KBA , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , Problem