Below error is displayed when opening one story with a lot of chart based on Live HANA connection:
- Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. Error: [Caught exception : exception 70000009: Memory allocation failed]
- SAP Analytics Cloud 2018.19.12
Reproducing the Issue
- Log on to SAC tenant.
- Open one story with a lot of charts based on Live HANA connection.
=> It will take a long time to load all charts.
=> Some charts (not always same one) cannot be shown finally but get error message:
Unable to retrieve data from the datasource. Error: [Caught exception : exception 70000009: Memory allocation failed]
=> Google Chrome browser will cost over 800MB memory.
- The MDS/InA queries from SAC require more memory than maximum overall memory size which can be allocated by the SAP HANA instance, to calculate the joins of the underlying HANA View.
- It is recommended to change the design of SAC story, like reducing the number of charts, to avoid high memory consumption in HANA DB.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, EPM-ODS, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Live, HANA, SCP, HCP, charts, story, 70000009, Memory, allocation, fail, failed, exception , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem