Do table reports and canvas reports include inactive users?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Both report types can include inactive users, but they handle them differently.
A few points to consider:
- The status (active / inactive) is pulled from the User Data File (UDF).
- The UDF is not effective dated and will only hold the latest / last updated information.
- Check the following KBA to know more about the fields in the UDF / Employee Export file:
2267907 - Employee Import/Export file: supported standard-elements fields
Table Report (Ad hoc report):
- Excludes inactive users by default.
- In the People tab of the editor, you can click People to see the option to include inactive users.
- Hence to include users marked as inactive in the UDF, 'include inactive users' has to be enabled regardless of the effective date (As Of Date / Date Range) selected at the report's runtime.
Canvas Report (ORD / Analytics):
- Live Data:
- Works similar to Table reports - Excludes inactive employees by default.
- Includes inactive users when the same is specified in the People Scope.
- Lack of date effectiveness explained in the Table reports applies here as well.
- Advanced Reporting:
- Includes all users by default.
- Build a test query on employees and their status to see which status categories (e.g. Retired, Terminated) should be included in any filter on inactive users.
- The correct categories may vary depending on the instance's configuration.
inactive, users, Ad, hoc, table, report, center, canvas, Live, Data, Detailed, Reporting, Advanced, include, exclude, filter , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ORD , Online Report Designer , LOD-SF-ANA-ADH , Adhoc Reports & Report Builder , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To