- HANA DB unresponsive for short periods potentially resulting in application timeouts or short dumps.
- Unnecessary HANA standby node or 3rd party cluster solution failover
- IBM GPFS filesystem unmount
- Entries in syslog similar to : kernel: [1865929.472648] BUG: soft lockup - CPU#9 stuck for 23s! [xxxx:xxxxx]
- High system cpu utilization
This KBA documents one of the possible causes of a CPU soft lockup in HANA environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (SLES) / SLES for SAP
Note : Documentation of potentially similar issues with other Linux flavours is out of scope of this document.
BUG, soft lockup, CPU stuck, PoolThread , KBA , BC-OP-LNX-SUSE , SUSE Linux , HAN-DB , SAP HANA Database , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.