- Running an upgrade with SUM, you received the error:
Severe error(s) occurred in phase MOD_SELROADMAP/SUMCHK_EXTBUILD!
Last error code set:
Environment variable 'dbms_type' does not exist
- Checking the environment variables for <SID>adm user, you find that dbms_type variable is properly set.
- You run the following steps:
- Exit SUM
- Restart the SAP Host Agent (saphostexec -restart), setting the trace level to 3 as described on the SAP Host Agent troubleshooting Wiki
- Inside dev_saphostexec, when retrieving the environment of user <sid>adm you will see something similar to:
[Thr 01] CommandManager::StartOSCommand: start <DIR_PUT>/SUMSTART
[Thr 01] User will be switch to '<sid>adm'.
[Thr 01] Working directory will be changed to '<DIR_PUT>'
[Thr 01] Retrieving user environment, umask and limits
[Thr 01] Retrieving environment of user '<sid>adm'
[Thr 01] Executing '/bin/csh -csh -c /usr/sap/hostctrl/exe/sapuxusergetrtinfo'
SUM running on Solaris environment.
KBA , BC-UPG-TLS-TLA , Upgrade tools for ABAP , BC-CCM-HAG , Host Agent , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.