- How to remove a column from the User Data File (UDF) and delete it's content?
- How to massively delete a specific information for all users?
- How to disable a field from the User Data File (UDF)?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
There will be two different processes should you wish to delete any field's data besides only remove it from the UDF.
# I also wish to remove the field data:
On this case, you'll need to remove the data prior than disable the field. To do so, please go through the below steps:
- Go to Admin Center;
- Hit the "Update User Information" icon and then select Employee Export;
- Export the User Data File (further guidance at the KBA 2087439);
- Create a backup of the file for further insurance;
- Open the downloaded file in Microsoft Excel to edit it;
- You'll have to split the fields in columns to easily visualize each one's area;
- To do so, you may check on this Microsoft's article. You should split the fields by comma.
- To wipe the data from SuccessFactors, it's just replace the cell's current content for double quotation marks ("");
- After finish the changes, save the file and keep the .csv format.
- Finally, to effect the changes, it's just re-import the file again through the Employee Import feature (KBA 2086718).
Please find below a example of how to wipe the information from the field as said in the above step 5.2:
# Now, how to disable the field from UDF:
This can be done by changing the instance data model. This change must be performed by your implementation partner.
For the case you don't have one, you can raise a new support case under the component LOD-SF-PLT.
For Implementation partners and Support Engineers:
- Go to the instance Provisioning page and download the data model;
- Open it and remove the field from the "User Directory Setting (Entire Ordered List)" section;
- Please check the KBA 2420282 for further guidance on this procedure.
- Still in data model file check if the field is set as required on the below declaration:
- <standard-element id="custom01" max-length="20" required="true" matrix-filter="false">.
- Change the required parameter to "false" as shown below:
- <standard-element id="custom01" max-length="20" required="false" matrix-filter="false">.
- In provisioning, import the changed data model;
- The field won't appear in the UDF anymore when you export it.
Important: unless you perform the steps of the first procedure, simply disable the field won't remove it's data.
2420282 - How to change the fields that will be visible in User Data File (UDF) and its order?
Remove field, delete field, field, remove column, UDF, UDF column, UDF field, User Data File , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-UIM , Employee Import Issues , How To