You have renamed a prospect in a lead from ABC to DEF (ABC and DEF represent the old and new prospect name). However, when you convert the lead to opportunity, the old name DEF is pulled.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales work centre.
- Go to the Leads view.
- Open lead 123 (123 represents the lead name).
- Note: the lead is called DEF.
- Click Actions > Convert to Opportunity.
- Result: the newly created opportunity shows company name ABC (original name of prospect in lead).
This happens, when the scoping question "Do you want name and address data changes to be reflected in the related business documents?" is disabled. By default this BC Scoping Question is ON.
Once the BC scoping gets unchecked, the changes on business partners, for example, account, will not be effected to the relevant business documents anymore. E.g.: you can have an existing account ABC, for which there is an opportunity OPPT assigned. In the opportunity you see that the name of the account is "ABC". If you change the account name from "ABC" to "DEF", in the opportunity you still see the name of account as "ABC".
To change the behaviour, change the settings in your scoping - once done, the behaviour will change for objects created after the change.
- Go to the Business Configuration work centre.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Open the relevant Project Scoping.
- Navigate to -> Step 4: Questions
- Extend: General Business Data -> Business Partners -> Handling of Business Partners ->Business Partner Changes in Business Documents.
- Check the question "Do you want name and address data changes to be reflected in the related business documents?"
- Save the changes.
Account, lead, opportunity, company, name, old, new, renamed , KBA , LOD-CRM-ACC , Account , LOD-CRM-OPP , Opportunity Management , How To