You have done some changes in Role Based Permissions, granted some permission or role for some user and this user is not receiving that permission after you save it.
SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin Center > Manage Permission Roles or Manage Permission Groups
- Include/exclude some user from a group or edit some permission inside a role
- Save the changes, ask the user to logout and login again
- Check that the changes are not replicating for the users affected
After each update done in Role Based Permissions a refresh job runs in the back end to synchronize all the data and apply the changes to the affected users. Sometimes this refresh job has a delay to run and the changes are not applied right away.
- Make a change on the permission group (for example adding a people pool)
- Save - click on Done
- Remove the change
- Save - click on done
- This will re-trigger a refresh of the permission of the active group membership. The user should now have the correct permission
If option 1 does not resolve the issue and you need these changes being applied right away after saving and you see they were not, please contact your Implementation Partner or Cloud Product Support (under component LOD-SF-PLT-RBP) asking to run the Refresh RBP job.
This job is not set as default, so in some cases the Implementation Partner or the Support Engineer will need to create a new one. To be prepared for this, always inform an user that will be the job owner responsible for that job.
Finally, you need to log out and login to the system.
Note: for Implementations Partners and Support Engineers, see how to create this RBP Refresh job on this KBA: Set Up RBP Refresh Job
RBP, Refresh RBP, Permissions, Groups, Permissions not granted, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , LOD-SF-PLT , Platform Foundational Capabilities , Problem